Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Apple Cinnamon Pancakes

This fall weather is making me crave pancakes for breakfast, so I decided to make some.

 I found apples in the refrigerator and the rest of these ingredients in the pantry and thought they'd make a great apple cinnamon pancake recipe! =)

 Ingredients: pancake mix, 1 apple, cinnamon, brown sugar, oil, and 1 egg
 For 1 pancake, you will need 4 apple slices.
Before you cook the apples, prepare your pancake batter. This makes things a lot easier. (This recipe makes 2 pancakes). I used 1 cup of the pancake batter, 1 egg (egg white only), 3 tablespoon of oil, and about 1/4 cup of water. Then I added some brown sugar and cinnamon - I just eye-balled the amount.
Set the batter aside. Then, place your apple slices in a non-stick pan with just a little bit of water and oil. I used maybe about 2 tablespoons of water and 1 tablespoon of oil. Then, once you hear it start to sizzle a bit, you can dash brown sugar and cinnamon on top.
Once the apples are ready, set them aside. With the same pan, add oil to coat the pan, and add your pancake mix. (Tip: To get same size pancakes, I used a 1/4 measuring cup). Add the apples when the bottom side of the pancake seems ready. Then flip!
These were really yummy...but I realized I didn't have SYRUP! =(
They were still yummy =)

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.