Thursday, October 27, 2011

confetti cupcakes

So I said a few posts ago that I was trying to cook up the rest of my box recipe cake mix, well...today was a good opportunity to do so...
We went over to a friend's house for lunch and needed something simple and quick to make =)
I didn't have my usual baking tools, such as my piping tips, but I ended up using a regular sandwich bag and it worked out pretty well.
~
I don't like how sweet the box recipes are. So when I made this, I used half of the box recipe mix to make 12 cupcakes. Then I added about 1/2 cup of flour to the cake mix to lessen the sweetness.Then I added 2 eggs, 1/4 cup of vegetable oil, and 1/2 cup of water. Slight modifications to the regular box recipe. 
 Then I baked these cupcakes for about 15 minutes at 350 degrees and came out with not-as-sweet vanilla confetti cupcakes...
Thanks to our friend for inviting us over and providing the kitchen, oven, cupcake pans, etc... =)


You don't always have to stick to the box recipe ;)

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.