Saturday, October 29, 2011

Gingerbread Cake

I never baked gingerbread cake before, but I think I like it! It's definitely not as sweet as the cupcakes I make, and it's just the right amount of yummy.

I found a box of gingerbread cake mix in my pantry...no surprise there...I've had it for awhile, but I never really thought to bake it since I wasn't sure if I'd like it. But I do now! I served it with powdered sugar, and a dollop of homemade cream cheese frosting =) Then I made myself a nice cup of hot coffee and had a good breakfast...

To make the frosting, I used 2 ounces (about 2 big tablespoons) of regular Philadelphia cream cheese and melted it a bit in the microwave for 10 seconds. Mix the cream cheese to get rid of the lumps. Then just add about 1/4 cup of powdered sugar and 2 table spoons of regular white sugar. Mix, cool, and serve on top of the gingerbread. This cream cheese frosting seems sweet with all the added sugar, but it's not at all. It's just right. =) 


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.