Monday, October 17, 2011

Strawberry Cream Cheese Cupcakes

It's so much easier to use box recipes for cakes, but sometimes I add extra ingredients.
 I'm trying to use up the rest of my box recipes to make room for cupcakes made from scratch! I'm gonna venture into creating home-made cupcakes.
For these cupcakes, I used half a box of Pillsbury strawberry cake mix to make a dozen. The only thing different is I added about 3 ounces of melted regular Philadelphia cream cheese into the mix to make it creamier. You only need to heat up the cream cheese for about 15-30 seconds.
I normally pipe with the Wilton pipe tips. This one is #12.
Then for the frosting, I used 3/4 of a tub of cream cheese frosting and just added about 3 ounces of melted cream cheese into that as well. This makes the frosting less sweet. (I don't like it too sweet). After mixing the melted cream cheese into the frosting, I put it in the fridge to cool for about 15 minutes before I started piping.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.