Sunday, October 30, 2011

sweet avocado milk drink

Every time we get avocados, I make this drink...

Some people like their avocados made into guacamole, but I like making them into these tasty milk drinks. This recipe makes about 2 if you serve them in large jars like I did. (But it can serve up to 4 people using regular cups).

Ingredients: Your favorite milk, 1 ripe avocado, table sugar. You will also need a blender to make the smoothie version.
 First, slice the avocado in half and remove the pit.
Second, use a spoon to scoop the avocado meat into your cups/jars. I used 2 large jars and each one had half an avocado.
Once all of the avocado meat are in the jars, add about 2 cups of milk to each jar. Then add your desired amount of sugar. For these, I used about 6 tablespoons of sugar, but I added the sugar one scoop at a time and kept tasting it until I felt it was just the right amount of sweetness. Six was the magic number for me.
~
Lastly, (option 1) mix the contents well with a spoon to try to break apart most of the avocado to blend the flavor better into the drink. Or (option 2) place the contents of the drink into a blender, add a little bit of ice, and blend for about 10 seconds. (Tip: Blend each serving separately to avoid overflowing the blender... -__-) Option 2 will yield a more foamy/smoothie consistency. I like both versions...but for the sake of this recipe, I am drinking the foamy version. =)

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.