Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Red Velvet Whoopie Pies!

This was my very first time making whoopie pies, and also my very first time tasting them =)

I was inspired to make these because they're rather new to me, and have never really seen them around much - just recently... so I gave it a go!
I basically followed the recipe from http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXnGiv5rzWA but I improvised on some of the ingredients I didn't have on hand... (for example, I didn't have buttermilk, so I just used the regular milk I had in the fridge. -__-

Tip: when making the cookies for the whoopie pies, make sure you line the baking tray with parchment paper so the cookies don't stick!
 Also, make sure the space your cookies at least 2 inches apart, because they do expand...
 While the cookies were chilling, I was whipping up my favorite cream cheese frosting for the filling! =) Then, when the cookies have cooled at room temperature, I just sandwiched the cream cheese filling between 2 cookies =) like so...

Enjoy!

Recipe from here<-- click

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.