Monday, November 19, 2012

Mango-Orange-Punch (Cocktail)

So a couple days ago this happened...
i usually gravitate towards baking cookbooks, but this one caught my eyes. I loved how cute the cover was, so i decided to pick it up. Then I immediately went to my local CVS and picked up a few ingredients for the cocktail I was gonna try to attempt! Anyway, turned out really yummy!!!!

To summarize the book, it shows you all these amazing and tasty recipes of all sorts of drinks, from old-fashion timeless drinks, to fun/fruity/tropical drinks. The book measures ingredients in parts (not the same as in baking, which measures in cups, tablespoons, or teaspoons). So i decided to convert the cocktail recipe to my usual "baking" measurement system. 

Here's a quick HOW-TO recipe for a drink I mixed using ratios I found in the book. I call this drink...

Mango-Orange-Punch (serves 4)

1 cup Malibu Rum Mango Flavored
1/3 cup 100% Tropicana Orange Juice
1/3 cup Minute Maid Fruit Punch Juice
1/8 cup of sugar + 1/8 cup water (this makes 1/4 cup of simple syrup, incorporate well)
Juice from 1 large lemon
Lemon slices for garnish

Measure and pour all ingredients in a cobbler shaker full of ice. Shake for 15 seconds, strain, and pour in chilled glasses. Drink and enjoy! =)

Here's how it turned out ...


Enjoy! 

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.