Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Thanksgiving Feast

LATE POST WARNING:

Thanksgiving is the time to spend with family, friends, and loved ones. Time to give thanks, and enjoy each others' company... to get to the point, it's the time to EAT EAT & EAT!!!

This past thanksgiving 2012, I made this:
I'm not gonna lie, it's not the best looking cake ever, but for me, I just enjoyed making it! There's a billion steps to making a cake... and it's even harder to make it taste great, but it ended up tasting  
SO GOOOOOOOD!

So I decided to share the recipes that helped me make this cake what it was. I must warn you though, it takes a long time...It's not like making cupcakes, or even cheesecakes -- which are far easier to make than this was. But if you're up for the challenge, here we go!!!!

Chocolate Banana Cake w/ Vanilla Buttercream Frosting


This recipe was from one of my favorite cookbooks that features pretty much everything Hershey's Kisses related. Just in case you find it in stores...here's the book: click here

Anyway, i followed it pretty much to the book, except I made it a four layer cake, which means i cut each of the two cakes into halves. This also means you need more frosting =) consider that when it comes to decorating it. 

...another thing i did differently is add sliced bananas in the middle of the layers, which fills up the layers really well, just in case you do run out of frosting.
Once I had the layers frosted and filled with bananas, it was time to crumb coat the whole cake. 
 the cake is coming along pretty well now, it does take some time to make the edges smooth, but the end result is worth all the hard work =)

Here's a look at the cake in action...

First slice!!!! right out of the freezer! just the way i like cake =)

Yummy!

Enjoy!








No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.