Tuesday, April 2, 2013

pretty drinks!

I have never been much of a drinker, but I realized I do like to drink more when I get to come up with my own recipes, and try new flavors =) I think these drinks are mainly wine-based drinks. I mainly started trying out recipes when I bought my first cocktail recipe book. From then on, I just started coming up with drinks that I had ingredients already in the house. Then, occasionally I would drop in to my nearest BevMo or grocery store to try new flavors for the cocktail recipes...

Here's one that I made most often...
I think this is basically a sangria... start out with some orange juice, mix in some fresh cut lemon or oranges...
 then add in some other choice of fruits... in this case, I went with frozen cranberries, which was more for the looks, because it really didn't add flavor to the drink. However, the fact that they were frozen made the drink chill faster (and if you don't want to water down the drink with ice, this is a good alternative to ice cubes...

Then after you add your fruits and ice to the orange juice, add your liquor, the one i used for the recipe is a Zinfandel, which I actually really like, mixed well with the OJ... It really could be up to you what ratio of juice to liquor you want to go with. I started pretty low on the wine, and added more to suit my personal taste...
 This sure beats paying $$$ at a bar... (which sometimes you gotta do anyway), but at least with making drinks at home, you can experiment on what type of drinks suits your palate best...

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.