Tuesday, April 30, 2013

White Chairs DIY

Okay. So I must admit, i think i've gone a little fanatic over white furniture. I just like how classic it makes a space looks, it also serves as a great palette for adding colorful accessories. I pretty much used the same process as in these chairs, just used a different color.

These chairs were "curb chairs" and pretty much were waiting to go to waste, but I was so glad to get my hands on them! I love free furniture, and these were actually in good condition. OLD, but good. Here's the basic steps of the white chairs makeover.

Step 1: Clean the chairs with a wet rag with a bit of dish soap.
Step 2: Get your materials. (for 2 chairs, you will need)
- sand paper, 150 grit
- tack clothe
- 1 can primer spray paint
- 2 cans white gloss spray paint
- plastic/paper drop clothe to put over the floor
Step 3: Sand the chairs, and use a tack clothe to wipe all the dust away.
Step 4: Add a thin coat of primer. Wait for it to dry.
Step 5: Add a couple of thin coats of your choice of paint, waiting for each coat to fully dry before the next.
LAST step is to just wait until the whole thing dries, and you're done!!!
COST
Kitchen chairs x2 = FREE
sand paper, 150 grit = already had
tack clothe = already had
1 can primer spray paint = $3.87
2 cans white gloss spray paint = $3.87/ea (I had 1 can left over from a previous project)
plastic/paper drop clothe to put over the floor = already had

TOTAL = $7.74 (+tax)
So each chair cost me about $4 bucks to make. Can I get a high five PLEASE!


Stay tuned to see these cuties in action inside the apartment =)

Happy DIY-ing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.