I had left over cake...so I made more cakepops! These would be really simple for a baby boy or girl baby shower party, or any party at that...=)
I used baby blue and pink Martha Stewart cupcake liners, and used colorful nonpareils for decoration. They turned out amazing, and tastes really chocolate-y good!
Nutty & Chocolate-y Cakepops
Makes 30 cakepops
1 box cake mix + ingredients (use only 1/2 the finished cake)
4 oz cream cheese (half of a brick)
1/4 cup crushed cashews
1 bag light choco candy melts
30 candy sticks
nonpareils or sprinkles
1. Make the cake.
2. Crumble half of the finished cake.
3. Mix in melted cream cheese. Add crushed cashew nuts. Mix a little bit of chocolate syrup until you have a dough-like consistency
4. Form dough into 1-inch sized balls like so...
6. Melt the candy melts in the microwave (30 sec at a time, mix in between) and wait until it cools a bit before use.
7. Remove cake balls from refrigerator and dip stick into the melted chocolate and into the cake ball like this...
8. Refrigerate again.
9. Dip each cakepop into melted chocolate and place each in cupcakeliners.
10. Decorate with nonpareils or sprinkles before chocolate hardens.