Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Mint Green Cakepops!

It's been awhile since my last "baked goods" post. So here it is... mint green colored cakepops! I was inspired to make cakepops for someone at work whose going on maternity leave, 
she's having a boy
I'm so excited for her, and I'm super excited to share these yummy cakepops with her =) They are sweet, so I hope she doesn't have sugar problems with her pregnancy...but anyway...it's the thought that counts, right? hahaha...here's a closer look...
I was on a time pinch, so I did use box recipe for these guys...but still just as good, trust.

Here's what I used to make about 20 cakepops:
Ingredients:
1 bag chocolate cake mix + ingredients (I used 1/2 the finished cake to make 20)
4 oz cream cheese (that's about 1/2 of the brick cream cheese)
1 bag of vanilla candy melts (i added a mint green food color by Wilton's)
a bit of vegetable oil (to thin the candy melts a bit)
Colorful nonpareils (sprinkles will do as well)
20 candy sticks

crash course instructions:
Bake the cake. Let cool and add softened cream cheese. Mix until it gives you a dough consistency. Mold into balls. Regrigerate for about 10 minutes. Dip sticks into melted candy melts (of your color choice), and stick into cake balls. Refrigerate again for about 10 minutes. Dip each cakepop into the melted candy melts. Add nonpareils while the candy melt is still soft. Refrigerate again until serving. 
>>
Note: for this tutorial, I did NOT use frosting, because I know the candy melts are already very sweet. The cream cheese tames the sweetness down, and still compliments the overall taste of the chocolate cake. 
>>
Here's my other tutorials from older posts with more details on how I've made other cakepops:
Here's a few other related posts:
Over the past couple of years, I have enjoyed baking, and decorating cakepops, sometimes, I do get lazy and settle for cake, but the extra steps to make cakepops are so worth it!
Enjoy & Stay Creative!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.