Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Nate Berkus Curtains

I love Nate Berkus products I find at Target. But regular price items can sometimes be expensive. I tend to wait for clearance or other sales before I think of buying them. I knew we needed curtains in our room, but curtains can cost up to $30 each panel. So I decided to shop around. 
As usual, I took a trip to my local Goodwill and I found awesome curtains which was the right color and size for our bedroom window. They were in brand new condition and cost only $4.99 each. When it was time to hang the curtains, I was so surprised to find they were actually Nate Berkus™ Lockstitch Window Panels! Score, right?! 
Online these same curtains cost between $19.99-$24.99 each. So finding them for $5 each was a happy buy for me. =) The material feels like a soft, light, natural burlap feeling. It lets in a lot of sunlight, and adds just the right amount of privacy in our space. It also adds a little bit of style into our once-bare-bedroom. 

To hang the curtains, I used a few supplies, some I had already, and some I purchased new from IKEA, such as the curtain rod and brackets. Other supplies you will need is a drill, some screws, and a tape measure. 
Once I got my stuff together, I was ready to work. Here's how they turned out!
Here's how it looked after we added our DIY nightstands seen here and here, and lit a couple candles. 
We were in need of some window treatment, and these curtains were the perfect match. This next photo was taken at night under room lighting and are not really doing the curtains any justice. It almost looks peach colored. But the curtains are actually tan. Slightly darker shade than the wall color. 
Here's a better photo shot during the daytime, with sunlight bursting right through them. I love that about them. The room still feel air-y and clean, but still adds the needed privacy. 

<3


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.