Saturday, June 1, 2013

Day 1: Growing Bok Choy, Green Onions, and Cilantro Indoor

I recently found a new favorite blog about gardening. Check out their work here >> 17 Apart. I seriously read all their articles on gardening, it's so addicting! So i decided to try a few of their tricks and tips and then this happened...
 (Above: Cilantro, Green Onion, Bok Choy)
I always wondered how these veggies are made...now I know...I'm sure it gets a lot more complex though, but for starters, this is genius! For now, they just look like scrap pieces of vegetables, but it's because they are... i regularly buy these veggies, and throw out these nubs because I thought them to be trash, but now that I know I can use them to grow more veggies, I will never have to go grocery shopping again! lol...
It made sense to put them near a window so they get maximum sunlight. Our apartment gets good sun, but today is kinda gloomy, so I hope tomorrow gets sunnier =)
I will be making plenty updates on these babies, I do hope they grow...otherwise, I will just try again with other scrap veggies! nothing to lose anyway =)

Happy gardening!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.