Thursday, October 31, 2013

Happy Halloween!!!

This week has been the most stressful week making cakes. 
It felt like I made 100 cakes (not really). And of course, you guys already saw the cakepops seen here and here

Here's two of the many cakes I worked on this week for Halloween. 
Here's how they looked like before...
I know they don't really actually look "halloween-y" because they really weren't originally intended to be. But since I had a few extra cakes, and a lot of extra yellow frosting, I kinda went with it and just came up with these. Although they turned out okay, I had to find a way to decorate these so I can make it more Halloween-themed. The large cake is going to be for a Halloween potluck at work. And the small one would be ALL MINE!!!! muuaahhh hahahahhaha.... **cue thunder and lightning please**

I obviously had a lot of yellow frosting around this week, so I figure it would be more resourceful to use that instead of making more frosting with typical "halloween" colors, like orange, purple, or black. Plus, I was too lazy... -_- so for awhile I was stumped...But then!!! Instagram saved the day!!!

Before>>
After>>
It worked out pretty well. The witch silhouette inspiration came from a picture I saw on Instagram, then I just googled similar photos online and picked one I liked that was easy enough to replicate.
The witch is made of black chocolate melts that I used to paint with using a small clean paintbrush. It took longer to come up with the idea than the actually painting part. I guess you can say I picked up a "new" technique that I am definitely using again on other future cakes!!! YAY!

Now remember that little itty-bitty cake...
Before>>
 I really didn't want to mess with this one, it looked soooo cute, like a little sunflower cake...
But eventually it had to be done...
After>>
 bye bye sunflower cake...hello spider cake...
The only thing left is to serve these!!! nom nom nom...
ALL MINE!!!! muuuuaaahhhh hahahahhahah...

Recipes:
Just in case you are wondering about the recipes I used for that yellow frosting... you can find it here.
And the cake is made of, obviously my favorite, CHOCOLATE CAKE! seen herehere, and here.
Happy Halloween!!!!
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.