I've made so much homemade banana bread in the past few years since I've been baking, but this one made a really special impression in my tummy!
I found the recipe in one of my cookbooks. It was super easy to follow the recipe and tasted great!
I made a few changes from the original recipe in the book. First off, I decided to try this recipe in muffin form. Also, I used less sugar, and more bananas, which made them super moist, just like I like it! I sampled a fresh one out of the oven and it was very good, fluffy and moist. A definite competitor for one of my favorite banana bread recipes. If you like banana bread, you will love these!!
Buttery Banana Butterscotch Muffins
Recipe adapted from this book here
Makes about 2 dozen
Ingredients1 3/4 c all-purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
3 ripe bananas, mashed
1/2 c sugar
2 large eggs
1/4 c butter, melted
1/4 c milk
1 c butterscotch morsels
1 c nuts, chopped and divided
Butter crumble: In a small bowl, mix together ingredients.
1/4 c butter, cold and cut into small cubes
1/4 c flour
1 Tbsp sugar (white or brown)
1 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven 350 degrees F. Prepare muffin pans with liners.
- In a large bowl, sift together first 5 ingredients. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix together bananas, sugar, eggs, and butter.
- With a wire whisk, alternately add and mix the banana mixture and the milk to the flour mixture until incorporated well.
- Stir in butterscotch morsels and nuts.
- Divide into muffin pans. Add butter crumble mixture on top before baking.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Check done-ness with toothpick inserted in the middle. Toothpick should come out with moist crumbs.
Super quick and easy =)
Hope you have fun making these!