Monday, December 23, 2013

Christmas Time Is Here!!! (Christmas Cake Pops!)

Christmas Cake Pops!!!
Merry Christmas!
So I've been busy busy busy this time of year! Who isn't busy right? With all the Christmas parties, spending time with family & friends, and last minute shopping...I'm sure I'm not the only one running around doing last minute errands. But I made sure to make a little time for my bloggies **points at you guys**

So I decided to dedicate this post about these guys! Christmas cake pops!

These cake pops were ordered by a coworker for her Christmas party.
These are red velvet cake pops coated in green and red chocolate, and decorated with poinsettias and Christmas tree sprinkles! I love how festive they turned out!
(I had a lot of bananas too that I was waiting on to get ripe! & made lots and lots of banana bread with!)
It's actually not the first year you've seen Christmas cake pops here on the blog. I've made some of these guys plenty of times in the past, like these red velvet cakepops.
and these cookies n cream cake pops.
I love joining in the Holiday spirit! So any chance I get, I try to make baked goodies during the holidays.
Like all these banana bread for goody bags this year for giveaways. (more on these in a later post)
It's such a special day to celebrate and be merry with loved ones. And I know everyone loves to eat!

Here's just a quick and easy tutorial on these...

 Christmas 
Cake Pops!!!
Bake a cake, and while it's still warm, crumble it up in a large bowl.
Add in your frosting, mixing in a little at a time, until you have a perfect consistency. It should be sticky enough to mold with.
Then, mold the cake dough into small cake balls.
Tip: I use a 1-inch cookie scoop to get my signature round balls look exactly alike and round.
Once you have the round cake balls, place them in the freezer for about 5-10 minutes to set. In the mean time, prepare your chocolates.
Remove your cake balls from the freezer. Gather your cake pops sticks. Start out by dipping the tip of a cake pops stick in chocolate. Then quickly stick it in the a cake ball, half way through. Repeat the process with the rest of the cake balls.
When all the cake balls have sticks. Place them in the refrigerator for about 10-15 minutes to set again. Then, remove from fridge and dip each pop in the bowl of chocolate.
Tip: You may need to rewarm the chocolate every 10 cake pop dipping, to make it easier to coat the cakes.
When you are all done with the cake pop coating. Let them out in room temperature to set.
 ...and take pictures, of course while you wait...lol
 When it is not as glossy anymore, they should be set enough to decorate.
For the Christmas tree cake pops, I drizzled extra red chocolate around the sides of the cake pops, and quickly dipped it in a bowl full of red, green, and white nonpareils. Then topped it with a Christmas tree sprinkle.
For the green cake pops, I piped out some red poinsettia flowers on the center of each pop. Before it set, I placed three little pearl sugar balls in the center.
Overall, they turned out great. Tasted great too!
Trust me, I had one =) This one was a chocolate one I made for giveaways for one of the many Christmas parties I went to this month!
Trust me, I was in the kitchen too much this December...lol... I've had so much fun baking and cooking though (I just don't like doing the dishes). -_-

Here's another cake pops order I did. This time, I was able to find some red and white baker's twine to use for ties. I love it! Yay for festive colors!
 Aren't they so cute! >.<
I hope you all are having wonderful time with friends & family this Holiday!
Don't live a life of regret. Forgive & forget. Be merry & give generously.

From us to you!

Have a Merry Merry Merry Christmas!!! 
From the Cupcake Laundry & Laundry Cakes Fam!
Check out my Instagram for daily posts!
@cupcakelaundry

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.