(Recipe towards the end of the read)here. I used the same banana recipe, but I just switched it up with the mix-ins. I wanted to make banana bread for my mom because I know how much she loves that stuff, and she specifically asks for it during this time of year. So as requested, I made batches and batches! Some I made with butterscotch & walnuts, and some with various chocolate chip.
This first one was my first time using the recipe, and my mom really liked it.
Once my bananas were ripe enough, I made batches of banana bread with them. This batch had the butterscotch & walnuts!
buttery crumb topping!
This next batch is baked with chocolate morsels inside.
Recipe seen here
Recipe makes 1 loaf
1 3/4 c all-purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
3 ripe bananas, mashed
1/2 c sugar
2 large eggs
1/4 c butter, melted
1/4 c milk
1 c butterscotch morsels or 1 cup chocolate morsels
1 c nuts, chopped and divided (optional)
Butter crumble: In a small bowl, mix together ingredients.
1/4 c butter, cold and cut into small cubes
1/4 c flour
2 Tbsp sugar (white or brown)
1 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven 350 degrees F. Prepare loaf pan with wax paper and lightly grease.
- In a large bowl, sift together first 5 ingredients. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix together bananas, sugar, eggs, and butter.
- With a wire whisk, alternately add and mix the banana mixture and the milk to the flour mixture until incorporated well.
- Stir in butterscotch morsels, chocolate chips and nuts. Save some for the butter crumble on top.
- Pour batter into loaf pan and spread evenly.
- Add the butter crumble on top.
- Bake @ 350 F for 45-50 minutes. Set on cooling racks and wrap. Refrigerate overnight.
Once you are ready to serve, slice a piece and warm it up for a few seconds in the microwave and serve with butter!