Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Red Velvet Crumb Cake - Merry Christmas 2013!!!

I-just-want-to-look-at-it kinda cake...

Red Velvet Crumb Cake
Merry Christmas 2013
I really like how this cake design turned out. It almost looks like a cake you can buy from a bakery or at the market! Yippee for presentation!
I wanted a cake with a festive look for Christmas, so of course I chose to make red velvet.

I used a Wilton's large French tip (4B) to decorate with.
I just piped a bit of frosting around the top edge of the cake to get a nice ring around the cake. 
And added red velvet cake crumbs on the sides of the cake. 
Then I just freehand-ed a simple "MERRY CHRISTMAS 2013" greeting!
Quick and simple for last minute cake decorating.
The cake is a red velvet cake by Duncan Hines with a homemade cream cheese frosting (recipe below).

Cream Cheese Frosting

1 (8-oz) package Philadelphia cream cheese, room temp
1 stick unsalted butter, room temp
3-4 c confectioner's sugar
1 c all-purpose flour
3 Tbsp heavy whipping cream, cold

Cream together the cream cheese and butter. Alternately add the sugar, flour, and heavy whipping cream. Repeat process until all ingredients are incorporated well.

Can't wait to slice into this cake!

Hope everyone is having a great Christmas Season!

Merry Christmas Eve 2013!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.