Thursday, December 12, 2013

White Chocolate Snow Cheesecake

White Chocolate Snow 
Cheesecake
Recipe adapted from here
Whenever I need a good rich chocolate cheesecake, I reach for this recipe. Super moist and creamy! And look at all that snow on top! Doesn't it make you feel like Decemburrr! 
I am always a happy wife when I find a recipe that my husband likes. He loves cheesecake, and he loves loves loves chocolate cheesecake. He asked me to make another one for him this month, kind of like the one I made for his birthday. Remember that Triple Chocolate Birthday Cheesecake, seen here >>
He absolutely loved that cheesecake I made for his birthday! So I decided to recreate it, but this time a DECEMBURRR version.

Hope you enjoy the changes I made to the recipe. It still has the same rich taste to the cheesecake, but somehow, I got the recipe just right so that I didn't get a big huge crack in the middle like the first one, here. Whatever I did different to the recipe this time helped.

This cheesecake came out of the oven smooth, and stayed smooth throughout the setting process. I also used the trick I learned from Joyofbaking.com to help prevent a crack in the middle. See tip below.
Tip: Run a thin knife along the edge of the cheesecake once out of the oven. Be careful not to burn yourself. Then, let it cool completely in the pan on top of a cooling rack. Once it's cooled completely, refrigerate over night. 

Once you remove the cheesecake from the pan, you should have something like this...
isn't he so handsome?

When you've successfully plated the cheesecake, all that's left is to add some snow! 

...well, not real snow, of course. 

I used white chocolate ganache for the topping, sprinkled white chocolate Toblerone flakes on top to resemble what looks like "snow," then drizzled a bit more white ganache on everything. In this picture, it really does look white as snow.

I used Nestle's white chocolate morsels for the ganache.
And used White Chocolate Toblerone to make chocolate snow flakes. Just take a clean vegetable peeler and run it along a smooth area of the chocolate to create the flakes.
Then, just sprinkle it on top of the cheesecake.
Then all that's left is to taste it!
care for a slice?
Let me just tell you, it was good. This is definitely my go-to cheesecake recipe, and has been for years, but this time, I finally got it to not crack in the middle. yippy!

Now on to the recipe!

White Chocolate Snow 
Cheesecake
Recipe adapted from here
Ingredients
Crust:
3 c graham cracker crumbs
1 stick butter, melted

Filling:
4 (8 oz. package) Original Philadelphia cream cheese
1 1/4 c granulated sugar
1 tsp salt
4 large eggs
1 c sour cream
1 c chocolate chips (I used Nestle's dark chocolate morsels), melted
2 oz Baker's unsweetened chocolate squares, melted

Topping:
White chocolate ganache
White chocolate Toblerone flakes (read how above)

To make the ganache, combine 1/2 cup of heavy whipping cream with 1 cup of white chocolate morsels. See technique here.

Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
  2. Prepare the crust. Crumble the graham crackers however you prefer, I used the large ziploc bag and rolling pin technique. Then add melted butter. Mix well. Then evenly spread into a 9-inch spring-form pan that has been lined w/ parchment paper. Bake crust for about 10 min @ 350 F. Remove from oven, let cool. Set aside. 
  3. Prepare filling. In a stand mixer bowl, cream together cream cheese, sugar, and salt on low-medium speed until smooth. While the mixer is running, add eggs one at a time. Then, add the sour cream. 
  4. In a small glass cup, melt the chocolates together in the microwave. While it's still hot, pour melted chocolate into batter with the mixer on medium to high speed. Blend well until smooth, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed.
  5. Pour filling into prepared crust. Bake for about 1 hour, or until set. The cheesecake should have a wiggly center.
  6. Remove from oven and place pan on a wire rack. Run a knife around the edge of the cheesecake to separate it from the pan. This helps prevent cracking.
  7. Let cool in room temperature before refrigerating over night. 
Hope you enjoy this recipe!

We sure love it a lot!
The white chocolate ganache is so silky and smooth, and the chocolate cheesecake is super moist and rich.
It's everything a cheesecake should be =) 

I've made a lot of cheesecake in the past as a self-taught baker, and this one is definitely a keeper. I may have to make this every December from now on. #tradition

It's such a huge cheesecake, we don't need to eat a big slice to get filled. 
Luckily, the cheesecake was able to fit snugly in the cake stand I thrifted a couple years ago. And Just recently, I thrifted a cake dome that fits the cake stand! It was like they were made for each other. Who else out there is obsessed over cake stands and domes?! 
Hope everyone is having a great Decemburr so far!

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.