Thursday, December 29, 2016

Miko Turns 1-Month Old!

Miko Turns 1-Month Old!
Praise God!

Words cannot express how happy I am to experience being a new mom! 
My son is turning 1 month old already...time flew!!
Everyday is another day for me to see him grow, to get to know him, and to reflect on what a great blessing it is that he is healthy & well! 

He loves to sleep! and when he is awake, he spends most of his time eating, breast milk is his favorite!

He also loves reading books with mommy & loves being cradled by daddy.

Every month is a milestone, and turning 1 month is no short of that...
I wanted my son's 1-month to be special, in our little family's own way...
so you know I had to make him a cake!
A Woodland-themed Cake! 
It's a 2 layered cake, actually, it's banana nut bread "cake"... I made banana bread, and cut it into a round shape, and sliced it in the middle to create two layers...  
(Check out my Instagram to see the banana bread in action)

then I covered the cake with chocolate frosting... 

I created marshmallow mushrooms... used jumbo marshmallows, dipped in red-colored white chocolate chips, and topped it with white round sprinkles to create the spots...
My husband found these cute forest animal figures (black bear cub, wolf pup, fox) at Michael's Craft Store to put on the cake as toppers...
...I used an off-set spatula and a toothpick to create the wood markings on the chocolate frosting...

and added green sprinkles as "grass/moss/leaves" effect... and a few flower sprinkles to finish off the tree trunk...
I think the cake turned out wonderful, appropriate for a growing little boy... 

One day, when Miko is older, I would love to show him this cake we celebrated his 1-month with!

He's even wearing his matching onesie =) 
 
But now it stays in the fridge until it's time for a slice!

Here's a similar cake I pulled inspiration from... http://jenloveskev.com/2016/10/25/orions-birthday-party-takes-village/

Enjoy!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.